Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bathing Beauties: Shirley Eaton


Best known as the gold plated victim in Goldfinger (1964), Shirley Eaton raised some eyebrows the year before in The Girl Hunters (1963), which, in one of the most bizarre casting decisions in movie history, starred famed detective fiction writer Mickey Spillane as his creation, Mike Hammer. I won't waste your time by dwelling on how awful the result really is, but I will say that Miss Eaton, who spends a considerable amount of the her screen time in a bikini, greatly eases the pain of watching Spillane attempt to act.

Goldfinger (1964)

The Girl Hunters (1963)



5 comments:

  1. Ah Shirley Eaton. When I do my blog on Bond Girls, she will definitely be included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first "crush" (ok it was more than that to a 12 yr old!) Thank you for this posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i grew up being told that she'd died from being painted gold, just like in the movie. i kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. betty jordan wester... I heard the same rumor too!

    ReplyDelete